When you are dealing with family, it clarifies things to have a scale. You don’t have to waste time analyzing people when you have a ready reference. This one works pretty well for us.
- Has a monogrammed straight jacket and standing reservation on mental ward.
- Family is likely to move away without leaving forwarding address. Has jail time in the past or the future
- People say, “Oh, crap. Here comes Johnny.”
- Can go either way. Gets by on a good day. Never has been arrested. Can be lots of fun or a real mess. Relatives usually will invite in for coffee. Likely to have hormone-induced behavior.
- Regular guy. Holds down a job. Mostly takes care of business. Probably not a serial marry-er. Attends church when he has to.
- Good fellow. Almost everybody likes him or her. Volunteers for Habitat for Humanity. Manages money well enough to retire early.
- High achiever. …
View original post 2,936 more words