The picture above captures a frequent expression of Mother’s, usually after she has just opened her mouth and put her foot in it.
I am doing a post on crazy things my mother has said and done. Mother was always a delightful ditz. With a demanding husband and five wild kids it’s a wonder any thing ever went right. After a fiasco, she’d often say, “It couldn’t be helped.” She’s just turned ninety and is a real dynamo. She goes to the gym twice a week, has a yard full of flowers, still drives, and is very active in her church, community, and the matriarch of a large family. We all love telling the stories of her crazy escapades.
1. She left her lights on, ran her car battery down, and asked a nice young police officer to “jack her off.” She wasn’t arrested.
2.She doesn’t like it when someone asks how tall she is, so replies either, “How much do you weigh? or How much money do you have?” By the way, she is not tall.
3. She once crashed a wedding in cut off blue jeans, sitting in the first row on the bride’s side. The family was not friendly.
4. She was once locked in a museum and had to be rescued by the fire department, climbing over the fence on their ladder.
5. She was locked in Windsor Castle. More on that later.
6. She rolled up a car window up on a camel’s lip. These things happen.
7. She made change in the offering plate at church and came out twenty dollars ahead.
8. She lost her bra at church one Sunday. She never could explain that!
9, When two intruders broke in her house, she made one of them help her into her robe before she would talk to them. She gave them eleven dollars, telling them, “That’s enough!” They thanked her when they left, telling her to “have a nice day.” She told the police officers later, “They were polite and had been raised right.” Go figure.
10. She threatened a rapist in her own living room.
11. She won’t say “Bull.” That sounds crude. She substitutes “male cow.”
I still don’t have the nerve to say “damn” in front of her. God knows she tried to raise me right.
I decided to flesh these delightful stories after first clarifying. Mother’s mind is not going. Lots of these stories go back many years. She’s a delight to be around and keeps family and friends in stitches, most often without meaning to.
#1. “Officer can you jack me off?”
Mother is prissy to the point of being prudish, exchewing vulgar terms such as “butt” and “pee.”Dern” is as bad as it gets, except for one time I heard her say “Damn” when she raised up under and open cabinet door. Life presents challenges for a kid growing up with such a restrictive vocabulary. I have to admit, however, she may have had a closed-head injury when she said it.
Any way, Mother made her way to the local mall for lunch and an afternoon of shopping with her frinnds. Much later she returned to her car and found a dead battery, courtesy of the lights she’d left on. I suspect she may have said “Dern!”
Donning her best poor stranded woman look, she flagged down a Police Officer, asking if he could jack her off using her best Minnie Mouse squeak. Maybe he ihad a grandma, but she didn’t get arrested. (To be continued) Note link to youtube channel below to see her.